Working out at the end of the day is probably most common. Hitting the gym after work is a great idea. You get to unwind, discharge stress, and have some time to yourself. Planning your eating around a workout towards the end of your day is simple. With the right nutrition and regular exercise you will be able to promote fat loss and build lean muscle. The exact times are just examples; what’s important is the amount of time between meals/snacks and the fact that 12 hours after your first calories you should be having your last calories. I also like to have more protein earlier in the day, more carbs after working out, and eat a higher percentage of fat for my last meal.
- 7:00 Wake Up
- 7:30 Glass of Water with 1 oz of lime juice and 1/4 tsp of pink salt
- 8:00 Fat Coffee or another “Fat” beverage
- 10:00 Snack #1: Jerky is a good easy snack
- 12:00 Meal #1: If you have it already made, a serving of frittata is loaded with fat and protein to fuel your afternoon
- 2:30 Snack #2: Because this is your pre-workout “meal” go for something like Nuts or a serving (or two) of your favorite nut butter.
- 4:30 Workout
- 6:00 Meal #2: Try some meat and veggies. Or some cauliflower rice with your favorite meat.
- (Optional) 7:00 Dessert. For a quick decadent treat, enjoy a little dark chocolate.