Arnold’s old school full body routine. Before he was Mr. Olympia, he used this routine to develop a strong and lean physique. It was a popular workout scheme in those days, before body part split routines took over the bodybuilding scene. This is straightforward full body routine. Great for beginners or more advanced gym-goers who want to simplify things.
- For squats, the rest between sets can be up to 2 minutes; for all other exercises keep the rest to 90 seconds or less.
- Once you’re able to do 2 to 3 reps extra for EVERY set, increase the weight. After 2 or 3 weight increases, add a set to each exercise.
- 10 reps means use your 10RM
- Squat- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Bench Press- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Chin Ups- 3 sets to failure (each set should be as many reps as you can do)
- Standing Shoulder Press- 4 sets of 10 reps
- Bar Curl- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Sit Ups (I prefer leg raises)- 3 sets to failure
A way to make this routine even more intense is to (gradually) increase the number of sets to 6, AND drop the reps to 8 (your 8RM).