I came across this recipe years ago, and have adapted it over time. Here’s how I do it.
- Jalapeños (as many as you want to make)
- About 1 tbsp per jalapeño of cream cheese, softened
- Garlic powder to taste
- Bacon 1/2 slice per jalapeño, cooked but still soft
- Cut an outer portion of the jalapeño off, and remove the core and seeds (Repeat this step for all jalapeños)
- Dice up 1-2 or two of the removed jalapeño sections and place in a bowl
- Add cream cheese and garlic powder to bowl, mix well
- Using a spoon, fill each jalapeño with the cream cheese mix. Don’t over fill, the cheese will expand in the heat
- Place a 1/2 slice of bacon on each jalapeño
- Grill or bake jalapeños until the skin of the jalapeño looks darker, more loose. Or until the bacon is crispy.
My last batch I improvised and fill a couple with ground sausage and topped them with feta cheese.